Sunday, April 9, 2017

Weekly Goals 10-4-17

Once again, I'm going to keep things very low key this week in terms of goals.  The house is still on the market and keeping it show-room ready is taking more time and energy than I thought possible.  Plus, I sent some material off to the woman I'm ghostwriting for, and until I get her notes back, I don't want to move forward with the project.  Just in case I'm heading in the wrong direction.

In between ghostwriting, I've been finishing off the revision I was working on before the opportunity arose.  I'm in the annoying stage of just going through and removing all the unneeded filter words and over-used crutch words.  It's amazing how many words you can cut just by going through and searching out those pesky little 'thinks' and 'sees' and 'justs'.

Hopefully I'll finish that task in the next day or so and can get on to the other, bigger piece of the revision: toning down the sex scene.

Then I can do a final read-through to make sure I'm happy with the book overall.

What are your goals this week?

4 comments:

  1. Limbo is an incredibly frustrating place to be. My goal is to keep writing like I did last week, which was immensely gratifying. I've got another project I wanted to work on anyway, so...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Removing all those unneeded filter words is so tedious. I think it's my least favorite part of the revision process.

    I have a sex scene on my list of goals, too, but I have to figure out how to approach it. Haven't worked it out yet.

    Best of luck with your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best of luck getting a buyer on the hook for your house. I just bought a house in November. It's definitely a seller's market. Here where I live, houses rarely last a day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have an entire list of filler words that I have to remind myself to weed out. Good luck with the house. I hope you get a buyer soon :)

    ReplyDelete